As I’m feeling a little under the weather today, which is a pain as I’ve got lots to do & want to be getting on with things, I thought that I would think about some of the things I would include in my perfect day.
1. Pancakes for breakfast. OMG. I LOVE them. Preferably with lots of maple syrup, a fried egg and an endless cup of joe!
2. A walk on the beach. There is something about being by the sea, like the sea air warms your soul or something. There’s nothing else quite like it!
3. Cake. Everyday should have cake in it or at the very least something a little bit naughty. My Nana used to say ‘A little of what you fancy does you good’ & I couldn’t agree more!
4. Beautiful flowers. Sometimes all you need is to buy some beautiful flowers to help make the day perfect. Unusual ones, cheap ones, as long as they’re pretty (& not chrysanthemums or carnations!), they’ll brighten up any day.
5. Getting organised. Whether it’s updating my Filofax, planning events with friends, crossing off chores from my to-do list, I love it when I’m organised. It brings me a huge sense of calm!
6. Enjoying some quiet time. Whether it’s knitting, reading, watching a film or just chatting, there’s nothing better than spending some time offline and just being.
7. The Walking Dead. As I mentioned the other day, I have a morbid fascination with zombies. Therefore it’ll come as no surprise that I LOVE The Walking Dead. I’ve seen each episode multiple times & it still fascinates me. Gotta’ watch out for those walkers!
8. Snuggles with Poppy. There’s something very indulgent about not having to rush about in the morning, getting Poppy walked before carrying on with our day. Or it might be stopping work for a few minutes and spending them with Poppy. This picture is of Poppy helping me change the sheets. Hmmmm…9. Getting cosy. We’re very lucky to be able to have a wood burning stove this winter. Before then, we had an open fire. There’s something gorgeous about being out and about in the crisp autumn air, then coming home to a roaring fire & getting cosy for the night.
10. Red, red wine. I’m not a big drinker, but there is something delicious about enjoying a glass or two of lovely red wine of an evening. I’ll always open the bottle earlier in the day to let it breathe a bit, and if I’m being really indulgent, I’ll even use the big fancy glasses!
How about you? What would you include in your perfect day? Let me know!