I love it when a blog post stems from a very easy craft project and am doubly pleased that this one also fits in with my #BEDN post for today, which is Something I Made. I recently inherited quite an amazing stamp collection, full of brightly coloured stamps of all sizes. I knew that I’d enjoy using them to make something lovely and this week I used them to make a congratulations card, along with my Cricut Mini and an old OS map, bought from Oxfam for £2. Not a bad bit of upcycling!
I knew I wanted to do a bunting style, but not too cutesy, as the intended recipient was a man. So I cut a small triangle into the bottom of a few stamps and stuck them on the card in the shape of bunting. I then used some patterned scissors to cut away the edge of the card and stuck some washi tape on the inside of the card to show through the shaped edging. Finally, I used my Cricut Mini to cut out ‘Congratulations’ on the OS map and stuck it beneath the bunting. I’m pretty happy with it, though I think the ‘Congratulations’ could be bigger so I’ll do a bit more experimenting with sizes.
I also made a picture gallery in my study, with the help of my OH, though that’s another post for another day! How about you? Did you make anything today?
Welcome to my first #BEDN post and it’s all about introductions so here are a few fun facts about me:
- I have a morbid fascination with the end of the world, specifically zombies. I LOVE the TV series The Walking Dead and can watch it all day everyday. World War Z is one of my favourite books of all time and if the zombie apocalypse hits, head for the nearest castle.
- Chinese takeaway is my favourite food and I could happily eat Sweet & Sour beancurd with egg fried rice everyday. Yum!
- I’m really good at doing voices and do a fab Benjamin Button, especially the bit in the film when he says ‘Seven, but I look a lot older.’
- But I can only do voices, or anything even remotely embarrassing, in private or in front of my OH as I’m very shy, despite 9 years of teaching. I hate drawing attention to myself and resist doing anything that does so.
- I am obsessively tidy and don’t like it when things are out of place – I’ll even straighten up shelves in supermarkets. It’s a constant source of hilarity to my OH. I’m a little obsessive about the coasters on my desk, as they need to be straight at all times & I have a specific coaster for glasses and one for cups.
- I get overly attached to material things. I had a teapot that was broken and surplus to requirement so took it to the tip. My OH teased me about it being all lonely and rejected at the tip and it had taken a long time for me to get rid of it. I cried because I felt bad about the teapot being left at the tip. Yep. Real tears and everything.
- I get overly invested in TV programmes and will sit with a smile or a frown (or tears if it’s Grey’s Anatomy – it gets me everytime) on my face depending on what’s going on. (It’s something that my Granny used to do too!)
- I suffer from Imposter Syndrome and have done for the past ten years, though I only recently discovered what the feeling was! I’m not particularly worried about it, but it would be nice to be able to appreciate it when I do a good job!
- I went to my first concert when I was a just babe in arms & just a month or so old. My mum took me with her to a Leo Sayer concert and we had to fly there, as we were living in South Africa at the time, where I was born.
- I once had a mini panic attack when I got stuck in my jumper and ever since then, I don’t like any fabric covering my face, including putting my head under the duvet. It freaks me out!
Well, that’s it! Some weird & funny facts about me. Consider us introduced! Are you taking part in #BEDN? Let me know so I can follow you on Bloglovin’.
Whether you’re in a blogging slump, need some inspiration or just want to jazz things up a bit, taking part in month long challenge is always great fun. Last year, I took part in an Instagram challenge by Fat Mum Slim and took a photo a day. This year, I’m going to take part in Blog Everyday in November challenge by Rosalilium.
Sometimes I’m really stuck for ideas as to what I should I post, other times, I can’t find enough time to blog fast enough! Either way, it’s going to be really interesting as the topics are all open to individual interpretation and I’ve already got lots of ideas of what to post. So make sure you check back for something a little different!
Are you taking part in the #BEDN challenge? Let me know so I can follow your blog!
PS: I’ll still be writing my regular posts (time & sanity permitting), so if you feel like you might get overwhelmed with it all, I’ll see you in December 😉