At the start of the year, like a lot of people, I made some resolutions so I thought it would be good to see how much I’ve achieved & what I have left to do before the end of the year comes around.
1. Knit a pair of socks. I’ve managed to do this & plan to knit more. I want to knit a pair in the round so that’s my next sock challenge.
2. Knit myself a matching hat, scarf and gloves set. I’m a third of the way with this one, having knitted a lovely hat. I plan to alter the pattern from the hat & use it to start off the hat & the gloves.
3. Knit myself a jumper. I have just completed the neck area on my Polly Pullover & hope to finish it within the next two weeks! In addition to this, I have knitted a snood too so I will be super warm come Winter!
4. Make Mollie Makes kits. I have about three kits left to do & have enjoyed using the ribbon that came with a few different copies. Fab!
5. Scrapbooking. This isn’t something I’ve been doing regularly, partly because the work in the garden has been quite sporadic due to the weather. I’ve taken a few pictures so just need to sit down for an afternoon & get on with it.
6. Write my own knitting pattern. Done! I’ve written 3 now, though only published one. Is it worth putting them on Ravelry? Not sure if they’re good enough!
7. Make more silver jewellery. I did quite a bit of this in preparation for the Bake-Off but haven’t done much since. I’ve got a few things that I want to make so just need to schedule it in!
8. Sew more. Can’t say I’ve done much more sewing really, although I’d really like to make myself a few new clothes. I’ve got an idea for a skirt so will have to get on with that!
9. Make candles. I did do this & it was great fun. I’ve got some wax left over & I’ve got a container in mind so am going to make a few more.
10. Bake healthier cakes. To be honest, I haven’t done much baking recently. As I work on my own, unless I eat all the cakes myself, it’s not really worth baking a batch. But I’m happy to eat cakes when I go out!
11. Get organised. Still working on this one!
12. Make time for craft! I am much better at this one, as I knit most evenings & don’t feel guilty about spending time during the day knitting or crafting.
It’s been quite useful to reflect on how I’m getting on, especially as I know what I want to do, craft wise. I just need to get on with it now!