For anyone who follows my Twitter account, you’ll know that I have a new addiction: Poached Eggs.
I always liked them when I had them in cafes etc, but couldn’t make them at home. That was until my brilliant OH bought some Poachpods. There’s been no going back since!
They are so easy to make with the Poachpods. Here’s how it’s done:
- Boil the kettle & while you’re waiting, wipe some olive oil over the inside of the Poachpods.
- Empty the egg into the Poachpod & pour the boiled water into a saucepan.
- Put the heat on but turn it down to its lowest temperature.
- Gently lower the Poachpods into the simmering water, then put the lid on the saucepan. Then leave them alone.
- I have found that 5 minutes of simmering creates the perfect poachies! They’re cooked but still have a lovely wet yolk. Plus it’s just about enough time to make the toast.
- When the time is up, gently take the pods out of the water. I use a slatted spoon.
- Run a butter knife around the top of the egg to seperate it from the pod.
- Then turn it upside down and gently push the pod on the bottom. Your egg should just pop out onto your freshly buttered toast!
- Add a bit of seasoning – it’ll make all the difference, trust me.
If you try the Poachpods, let me know how you get on!