Hello! Welcome to A Crafty Chai if you’re new here. I’m going to be taking part in Blog Every day in May. For the first post, I’m going to tell you a little bit about A Crafty Chai.
It started out as my own little corner of the internet, a place where I could escape to and immerse myself in all the pretty things and where I could record all the lovely things that I found, did and made. Since then, it’s grown to become a record of all the goings on at Crafty Chai towers, including the things I make, the adventures of Poppy, our hilarious dog and my misadventures with cooking from scratch.
Grab yourself a cuppa or a G&T and take a look around. Hope to see you back here soon!
Welcome to my first #BEDN post and it’s all about introductions so here are a few fun facts about me:
- I have a morbid fascination with the end of the world, specifically zombies. I LOVE the TV series The Walking Dead and can watch it all day everyday. World War Z is one of my favourite books of all time and if the zombie apocalypse hits, head for the nearest castle.
- Chinese takeaway is my favourite food and I could happily eat Sweet & Sour beancurd with egg fried rice everyday. Yum!
- I’m really good at doing voices and do a fab Benjamin Button, especially the bit in the film when he says ‘Seven, but I look a lot older.’
- But I can only do voices, or anything even remotely embarrassing, in private or in front of my OH as I’m very shy, despite 9 years of teaching. I hate drawing attention to myself and resist doing anything that does so.
- I am obsessively tidy and don’t like it when things are out of place – I’ll even straighten up shelves in supermarkets. It’s a constant source of hilarity to my OH. I’m a little obsessive about the coasters on my desk, as they need to be straight at all times & I have a specific coaster for glasses and one for cups.
- I get overly attached to material things. I had a teapot that was broken and surplus to requirement so took it to the tip. My OH teased me about it being all lonely and rejected at the tip and it had taken a long time for me to get rid of it. I cried because I felt bad about the teapot being left at the tip. Yep. Real tears and everything.
- I get overly invested in TV programmes and will sit with a smile or a frown (or tears if it’s Grey’s Anatomy – it gets me everytime) on my face depending on what’s going on. (It’s something that my Granny used to do too!)
- I suffer from Imposter Syndrome and have done for the past ten years, though I only recently discovered what the feeling was! I’m not particularly worried about it, but it would be nice to be able to appreciate it when I do a good job!
- I went to my first concert when I was a just babe in arms & just a month or so old. My mum took me with her to a Leo Sayer concert and we had to fly there, as we were living in South Africa at the time, where I was born.
- I once had a mini panic attack when I got stuck in my jumper and ever since then, I don’t like any fabric covering my face, including putting my head under the duvet. It freaks me out!
Well, that’s it! Some weird & funny facts about me. Consider us introduced! Are you taking part in #BEDN? Let me know so I can follow you on Bloglovin’.
I’ve finally found some time to add something else to my folksy shop. I’ve wanted to add some knitted flower brooches, like the one I knitted for my headband. I had some lovely wool that I wanted to use & had bought some brooch bars from Hobbycraft a while ago.
Following a simple pattern, each flower takes just under two hours to complete & I’m pretty pleased with the outcome. I just hope that folksy shoppers will think the same & buy some! Feel free to take a look at my folksy shop. x