It’s almost time for our four year anniversary in our little home and boy have we done a lot of work to it! Here’s what we’ve done so far:
- Damp course
- Replastered some walls (seriously, our house is where artex comes to die!)
- Replaced 3 windows
- Decorated 5 rooms & the hallway
- Sanded & painted 1 floor
- Carpeted 1 room and the stairs
- Repaired the roof once
- Installed a wood burning stove
- Given the garden a complete overhaul
Wow. It doesn’t sound like much when you put it like that, but there has been plenty of blood, sweat, tears & swears shed over this place! And we’re not even finished *sigh*
One room that is finished is my study.
I’d still like to change the curtains as we bought those for the first house we lived in together and I hate them now. I’m thinking of getting a blind so light isn’t restricted at the sides of the window. That would be the only change I’d make in my study now.
Here are a few things we’ve got left to do:
- Replace 2 windows
- Redecorate our bedroom (We did this room first when we moved in. We made some bad decorative choices!)
- Improve storage in the spare room
- Plant up the garden
- Add curtains to the new window/back window
And if we had all the money, extend the back of the house, move the bathroom and add a loft room. Or move. If we had all the money, we’d move to where we’d never have lift a paintbrush ever again!